On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> I managed to screwup my .rc file.  How do I boot back in to correct it?  Even
>booting off my floppy gets hungup when the system
> reads the rc file.
>
> Seve

   Since you're posting with M$ (two monitors wide), I'll suggest
what I believe is the easiest way with a dual boot system.

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm

     Install 'explore2fs' under Windows, and then you can navigate
to '.rc' in a window very similar to Explorer.  Right-click on the
file and use DOS 'edit' to fix it.  Try to work on one line at a
time, and don't use carriage return, since Dos and Unix use
different '\n' schemes. Use your arrow keys to go up/down lines.

   Folks, it's not uncle Billy's responsibility to make sure you
post with Netiquette (70 chars/line, 65 preferred, NO html).  That
<Enter> key used to be called 'carriage return', and it works!  I
might suggest that if your mailer doesn't wrap, use your sig file
as a gauge.  Those two periods that mine begins and ends with are
the gauge I use in StarOffice to keeps my posts at 68 chars/line.
Kmail wraps very well at whatever you set it to.  Thanks.
   --
..      Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      .