"Clifford Goodman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've installed Linux Mandrake ver 6.1, installed a modem, and can
> successfully dial my ISP using Kppp, and can ping it using Network
> Utilities. When I try to bring up a web page using Netscape Navigator 4.5,
> nothing happens. Any suggestions on what else might need to be configured?
================================
You probably need to edit your /etc/resolv.conf
add
search <yourISP>
nameserver <dns#>
nameserver <dns#>

Your ISP should provide you with the two dns#

HTH,
Mike

Michael Scottaline
COL 2.2   Linux 2.2.5
It's a fresh wind that Blows Against the Empire

http://webmail.netscape.com.