follow up:
I think i have nailed down the problem to be a program i rpmed the other day. i
have reinstalled the system again and left it alone. I am slowly adding the
programs i have downloaded . But"knock on wood it works"
no i a he in times of need we often have to resort to windows.

Steven

Thanks for the help guys & or gals