I am using Mandrake-Linux (Red Hat) 6.0. I am unable to get my (new)
sound card working in linux. It as the AcerOpen AW230 (PCI) with the Crystal
CS4280 chip. Sndconfig shows that the Crystal Cemiconductor CD41** chip
is supported. As a newcomer to this list and to linux, I would appreciate
directions on how I might get the card to work.

        Thanks in advance

Elton Woo ([EMAIL PROTECTED] / ICQ #:9984432) Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.
          "You only live once, so let's make life easier for each other."
I use IBM's OS/2 WARP 4.0 & Red Hat Linux 6.0: I do NOT use Microsoft products.

                   <<<Randomly generated tagline follows: >>>
 ** TagIt/2 v2.0.1 **

... Blondes AND women AND nurses can be on the net too!