On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Clifford Goodman wrote:
  |  I've installed Linux Mandrake ver 6.1, installed a modem, and can
  |  successfully dial my ISP using Kppp, and can ping it using Network
  |  Utilities. When I try to bring up a web page using Netscape Navigator 4.5,
  |  nothing happens. Any suggestions on what else might need to be configured?

Edit your account information in kppp's setup, and in the DNS tab make sure
that you have entered the DNS addresses provided by your ISP (most provide two).
Your web browsre needs a Domain Name Server to convert the Domain Names you
type into the address bar into numerical URL's such as 198.25.385.11. This is a
made up number, but should show you the general form of a DNS address. Most
have four components consisting of two or three digits each, and separated by
dots (periods).

HTH,

Ernie   ([EMAIL PROTECTED])