Then I did as root:

[root@hal1 ttfonts]# ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale
Then these messages appeared:
unknown font foundry code
unknown font foundry code FROG
unknown font foundry code SFT
I ignored them.

then I did: #mkfontdir

as i have read in the Font-Deuglification-Howto.
I also restarted xfs and X

Then X refused to start,it couldnt access the font server.
I got messages about broken Sockets,and xfs didnt run anymore.
I think xfs crashed.

Then I removed all added fonts and repeated the ttmkfdir and
mkfontdir commands.

I still got the above error messages "unknown font foundry code..."
and X wouldnt start.

Then I disabled the  ..../ttfontdir directory in the configuration
file of xfs.
Now X starts again,and therefore I'm sure,there is an error with
my true type fonts.

Now I dont know how to proceed with this.
Maybe something is missing or wrong.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Peter