Hidong Kim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm unable to launch X applications in another user's KDE session.  For
> example, I log onto the computer as user kim and start KDE.  In an
> xterm, I telnet to the same machine and log in as user andre.  If user
> andre tries to launch an X application, he gets the error:
>
>  Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
> ezppp: cannot connect to X server :0.0
>
> How do I fix this?  I'm running Mandrake 6.1 kernel 2.2.13-7mdk, XFree86
> 3.3.5.  Thanks,
>
> Hidong

Hmm, I'm no linux expert ( yet ) but I got the same "MAGIC COOKIE" thing trying to run
printtool to set up my new printer. A local linux guru helped me, and I'm not quite
upto
speed
on what this command does, but it has something to do with X..
Try running in a terminal

xhost +localhost

try as user first..

Alan