If you have a SB PCI128 Live, it's not supported yet as far as I know.
If you have a std SB PCI128, you should be able to manually select it
in snd config. If not you may have an IRQ conflict (if you have an
internal modem, check the IRQ there, it's typically the biggest
culprit when it comes to conflicts with sound cards)

Sam