Hi everyone:
Although things haven't been at their best recently on your list, I have
enjoyed it.  Thanks John Aldrich for your help. I remade everything 3
times on different disks! nothing worked. Still could be the sequence.
I'm going with the distro as it is and do fixes and rpm stuff as I go
along. My local group (Victoria, B.C., Canada) didn't have much success
with the boot disks either.  By the way, John, you're right about list
usage, I should have just read the mail only. Thanks so much to
everybody and best wishes for you in this new year!
Chris W.