Hi again!,

I have a Colorado T1000 floppy tape drive that I have been trying desperately to
configure for Linux.  I have found much info on ftape, and even an old
program that I used to use for backing up SCO (Microlite Backup Edge) that has
been ported to Linux.  I cannot, however, get over the first hurdle which
is how in the heck to get Linux to "see" the tape drive.  I currently have the
tape drive "sharing" the floppy cable with my "a:" drive(fd0), so I would ASSume
the tape drive would be fd1?  No luck there. Tried every possible twist, turn,
flip and flop of cables and drives. Still does not show up in dmesg. How do I
find this device name? I recall something about floppy tape drives possibly not
working when "sharing" a floppy cable with another drive.  If this is the case,
do I need a floppy controller card?  If the floppy controller card is the way to
go, should I tell my bios that now a drive "b" exists?  How should this drive be
mounted, (mt)?

Thanks,
Bryan