On Sat, 01 Jan 2000, Payne Stanifer wrote:
> I accidently forgot to setup a dual boot with windows on my install. What
> entries do I need to add to my lilo.conf to get it allow me to choose
> windows at the boot up. PLease help ASAP. I am in dsperate need of some
> critical files! THANKS!

==============
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda5
        read-only
other=/dev/hda1
        label=dos
        table=/dev/hda
Above is a copy of my /etc/lilo.conf. Assuming Windows is on
/dev/hda1, copy the "other" section out of my lilo.conf and put it in
yours and type /sbin/lilo to write the changes to the partition
table. If you want to boot to Windows by default add a line just
below "timeout" that says "default=dos" (I think.)
Also, you might want to make sure your /etc/fstab is aware of your
Windows partition just so you can access it in the future from within
Linux. :-)
        John