Axalon Bloodstone wrote:

> with a standard dvd my cd-r just spits them backout. Will it write to a
> standard cd-r?

According to the manufacturer's web page, no. I haven't gotten the
drive yet so I'm not sure from personal experience. I suspect I can
trust them on this.

> I think it's safe to assume booting from a dvd isn't a
> major problem SuSE is doing it. Basicly what was done was just to allow
> for a 4gig iso9660 filesystem.

Okay, I already have a normal DVD drive on this box and I have been
booting CDs from it but never a DVD since software isn't usually
distributed that way. It is good to hear that at least one of the
distributions is doing it.

> cdrecord is your only option barring another OS. I remeber hearing about a
> packet driver maybe being started, but don't know what became of
> it. Standard usage of even cd-rw drives use cdrecord's -blank switch to re
> prep the disk for a re-write.

I was afraid of that <SIGH>. Oh well, since you have heard that
cdrecord works with DVD-Ram it isn't that big a deal. At least there
is a solution that works <GRIN>.

Thanks.

--
Traci Collins, MA