Dan....samba is available in rpm form for 386's and up.  Get it from the
archives at RedHat.  The server ftp server is probably already running
on your system unless you're running mdk 6.0 which was missing the
server part of ftp. In that case you'll need to download it.  Read the
how-to's and go to the faq's at http://www.mandrakeuser.org/ for all the
info on how to set up this stuff.

Alan