Hello,

I am trying to install to a gateway ppro 200 with a matrox millenium video
card. I am using the custom installation in order to preserve my NT setup.

The first time I installed X installed correctly or appeared to since I was
able to run the test and see the xtest just fine. However I had configured
the network card incorrectly and reinstalled to fix this. I have since
installed at least 6 times and in each of these installs X fails to install.
I can get thru the installation to the very end where X is configured but it
fails to load the test screen and tells me there is a problem in my
configuration. I can repeat the process as many times as I like with no
better luck. It appears that the X server is not correctly installed and
thus can not be configured.

The only thing different in these installs is that I have set the network
card up correctly. Is there a way to manually install the X server or other
method to correct this problem. The machine does boot just fine to the
command line. As expected attempting to run X gives errors with missing
libraries such as libXmu.so.6.

Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick.