What's your video chip? Are you sure you configured X proprerly?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sudhakar Nagarajan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2000 5:21 AM
Subject: [newbie] Problem in X font

> I recently installed Linux-mandrake in to my system. It is AMD p2
processor. The installation went fine, but at the time of X installation the
confirmation window, "if you can see the window displayed all right" I can
not read the words. It is like a black strip. But I can see the button and
read ok in that. So I clicked ok and finished the installation. After
rebooting, the desktop comes ok and colors are ok but I can not read any
letters or tool tips. Every thing is black strip.  The cursor is also big
square instead of small dot.
>   Can any one tell where the problem is. Do I need to change the font size
or cursor size or any thing else. If so how.