I downloaded the files with ...1.1.2-... so I believe those should be the
correct files. When I tried rpm -e kde* I got an error - error: cannot open
//var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm
And when I tried rpm -uvh kde* I got the message: rpm: only one major mode
may be specified
I cannot run kpackage, it won't work at all. I tried gnorpm but that also
would not work.
I also tried rpm -Vp kde*, and rpm -i --replacepkgs kde*, and others and
nothing will work.
Worse of all, I can't run netconf or netcfg, so I can't fix my ipaddress on
that machine, so it won't see the net, unless there is a way to change that
from the command line.
Chip