From: Stephen Britton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 7:31 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [newbie] Configure X Error

Hummm. I just installed Mandrake on an Gateway with a similar
configuration. When you first described the problem, I was thinking
that maybe you were trying to use a 486 or some crazy configuration,
but you do have a good machine for Linux, and it should work.

I'm not sure how much help I can provide you. But this is what I would
do. Your problem appears to be hard drive related. For the install
I would remove one of the two hard drives. I think this is where
the installer is getting confused. You can always add the second
drive after the install (Yet another adventure :-)

Then try booting from the floppy again, but this time select a pre-
configured option, like Work Station or Server. This option will
automatically partition your hard drive. DO NOT choose "Custom"
which would require you to manually partition the drive. If the
pre-configuration option doesn't add everything you want you always
add programs later.

Hope this helps. Let me know how everything turns out.

- Steve