Dave,

I'm glad that you got Linux installed.

Try this...
When the boot prompt appears, press the tab key to see a list of bootable
images.  One of the images should read, "Linux".  Now type "Linux" followed
by your UDMA controller parameters.  You need to repeat the exact same steps
that you used to successfully install Linux.

If you successfully boot into Linux, you can modify your /etc/lilo.conf file
to enter these parameters for you each time.  It will save you the hassle of
typing in the parameters each time.  Be careful when you modify this
file...it could leave your Linux OS non-bootable.

HTH,
Matt