I recently installed Mandrake 7 on a new machine and I am having trouble
getting a dynamic IP address from my ISP.  I have had no trouble in the
past using Redhat and Slackware (with another ISP).  My ISP gives me 2
dynamic IP's. I had 2 windows boxes running and now I have 1 windows box
and 1 linux box.  I have tried using Pump and DHCPCD and when I run them
both I get a timeout saying no server responded.  I have the NICs going
through a hub, so I know a good connection is made with the NICs.  Does
anyone have any suggestions for me?

Could it be that my ISP is looking for the Mac address of NIC on the old
machine and won't assign an IP address to another card?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Turner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]