Sam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed the new kernel update for 6.1 and ran into a problem. When
> I tried to use the syntax for mkinitrd given on the mandrakeuser.org
> "upgrading your kernel via rpm" page, I got an error message telling me
> the syntax was wrong. It gave an example of what it was looking for
> that was different from the syntax shown on the webpage. I went to the
> man page for mkinitrd to make sure I understtod what I needed to do, and
> it had a THIRD type of synatx listed.
>
> So now- what is the proper syntax for this command to create the
> 2.2.13-22mdk.img that initrd needs to use?
>
> Sam

Log in as root on a console or in kde on an xterm.  Enter
mkinitrd /boot/initrd-x.x.x-xmdk.img x.x.x-xmdk
Replace the x.x.x-x with your new number.  Look in the /boot directory
again.  You should have a new initrd file with the new numbers.  Change
the initrd line in /etc/lilo.conf to have the new numbers also.