Mark....yep, GPL discs are legally sold by a bunch of
different suppliers for  from less than $2 to about $6 plus
shipping.  The first of these suppliers I've found offering a
GPL cd for Mandrake 7.0 is Circadian Software.  Below is
Circadian's URL:

http://www.ccsoft.cc/linux/

It'll take a week or two for them to get cd's burned or pressed,
so be patient.  Other places to shop for Mandrake and other GPL
discs are:

http://www.cheapbytes.com/      (CheapBytes)
http://www.linuxcentral.com/    (Linux Central)
http://www.LinuxMall.com/       (Linux Mall)