Steve Leseman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Same problem with an HP Deskjet 693C!
>
> At 05:31 PM 1/18/2000 -0700, you wrote:
> >Ok.  As I mentioned in my rant yesterday, I have a printing problem.  I
> >run on a Compaq Presario 4862.   I installed Mandrake 6.5 in a dual boot
> >setup with Win98se.  Everything I have tested seems to work with the
> >exception of printing.
> >
> >After installation, I went to Printtool and defined a printer (HP Deskjet
> >722C before I found out it was was Win printer).  I told the program to
> >send out a test page both to the spooler and to the port.  I received a
> >message stating that the test page printed.  Printer response, nothing.
> >
> >I tried it with a Canon BJC6000 which I found from the printing Howto site

> >is supposed to work.  Same response.  I don't get any kind of activity
> >from the printer at all.  I checked out some books and followed the advice

> >there.  I did a dmesg from a console window and found that parport
> >recognized both of my printer ports and even recognized the proper printer

> >attached to LPT1 (P0).

The HP 7xx series printers are all winprinters, but he 69x series should work
just fine.  I rune two diffeent 695c's and they print perfectly.  did you try
to run printtool??  what driver have you tried?  Send the list you printcap
file.  someone will see the problem.
Mike

Michael Scottaline
Linux 2.2.13