The Cannon BJC-6000 is a "papaerweight"

Reported to work on Usenet by Jan Harmsen; may well be "perfect" - if so please fix!
May only run at 720x720?
Try the 610 Uniprint drivers, too. I ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) changed the functionality to paperweight after finding no success on Linux 2.3.39 with a known good parport setup (BJ-210SP works). With gs I tried the bjc600 driver with no joy. echo yes >/dev/lp0 failed to respond and needed a break to get the prompt back. lpr of ascii caused no action from printer, and the job stayed in the queue indefinitely, with lpq claiming that the printer was printing. When I put the 210SP back everything worked. During the tests I compiled a kernel with plug+play turned on but no plug+play device was detected at boot. I think she's a dud.
Note: printer doesn't print plain text.
Refill: cartridge

And the HP 722C only worls partially...

works in bw only.
Refill: cartridge 51645A (Black); C1823A (Color)
This entry has not yet been proofread.
Driver: Ghostscript: -sDEVICE=pbm2ppa # (600x300 BW)
No autoprobe info - Please add using Ed Printer link!

MarkP