Bernice wrote:

> ** Reply to message from "M Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Wed, 19 Jan
> 2000 13:33:16 GMT
>
> > Try running "sndconfig" from a console without the quotes.
>
> ** also From: Audrey Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >Did you try sndconfig for either of these cards and manually set them up
> >in there?
>
> Yes after doing that rether than pnpconfig bouncing out at boot-up now the
> sound deamon (excuse me I can never remember exact linux names) returns recource
> busy and fails.

What does your /etc/conf.modules show?  At a command line, enter:
cat /proc/interrupts
cat /proc/ioports
cat /proc/dma

Do these show what you think you have configured?  It might just be the
midi port that is giving you the failed message.  I can't get mine to
work, but don't need it, so I removed the midi entries from
/etc/conf.modules.  I've also found that sndconfig will sometimes just
keep adding entries to /etc/conf.modules instead of replacing them.  Try
working with just the older 8 bit sound card first.