Matt....if autodetect finds your card then leave that setting
alone.  When you say "no dice" that's not telling us what
happened, you should be more specific.  Anyway, I've found a
pretty good "least common denomimator" monitor to use in
Xconfigurator when a listed monitor doesn't work (my Princeton
E072 just went to a black screen that I couldn't exit from) or a
monitor isn't listed (it's worked in both cases for me).  It's
the IBM 8507, try it ;-)

Alan