^*Tim*^ *^Seedorf^* wrote:

> I was wondering,if anyone could tell me where in the file etc/X11/XF86Config
> i would insert the code 'noaccel'
> i need to know for my linux to work,thanx.....please check this file and
> tell me
>
> Tim

>From someones post in alt.os.linux.mandrake:
(I guess this is the official line)

I started to try to use Linux last weekend (still working on
   this weekend) and had the same problems.  I emailed support, and here
is what they told me:

   The SiS 6326 has a known bug with the X window system.

   On your Linux system is a file named /etc/X11/XF86Config . This text
file is made up of sections
   that look like this:

   Section "Device"
   ....(various entries here)
   EndOfSection

   You need to edit the section of this file called "Device."

   If you have a card with 8MB of video memory, first try telling the X
server that there is only 4MB
   present by adding the following line to the Device section of your
config file:

     Videoram 4096

  If you have a 4MB card, or if the above line doesn't help, try
   adding the following line to the Device section:

     Option "nolinear"

   A drawback with this option is that colour depths higher than 8bpp
can't be used, but that is better
   than nothing.

   If you see problems when moving windows with KDE, try the following:

     Option "no_pixmap_cache"

   All of these problems with the SiS6326 video cards should be fixed in
the next release of XFree.

From: http://rampages.onramp.net/~slywolf/
(a page about the SiS6326)

 #
 # Graphics device section
 #

 Section "Device"
     Identifier  "SiS 6326"
     VendorName  "PC 100 Multimedia"
     BoardName   "3D AGP Pro"
     VideoRam    8192
     Option "no_accel" ### HERE!!! ###

 EndSection

Yours will look a bit different.
Option "noaccel" might be the right way to write it now
though. You could try some of the options Mandrake
suggests as well (one to a line)eg:

Option "nolinear"
Option "no_pixmap_cache"

& change the line that says: VideoRam    8192
to: VideoRam    4096

Cheers

Warren.