[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed linux mandrake 6.0, but it can't recognize my ls-120
> drive.  The atapi floppy driver has been  installed as a module.  My
> ls-120 is in hdc.
>
> messages after lilo:

> hdc : Q, ATAPI UNKNOWN (type 17) drive
> /dev/hdc: Device not configured
>
> Anyone can help me to make the kernel recognize my ls-120?
>
> John

John

If extra drives are installed after the main installation has passed you
must add the word 'user' in the options of the device to be mounted.
Otherwise if left at default, the user will not have rights to mount the
drives, only root. This can be corrected through kfstab and removing
'default' and replace it with rw,no auto,user.Note: you will need to add
a directory in the root or /mnt (wherever your current drives are
located)  /ls120 (or anything you like) to mount the device. The program
kfstab can facilitate this process.

/etc/fstab file should have the following line.
/dev/hdc        /ls120  msdos   rw,no auto, user  0  0