On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am extremely new to the Linux world (Windoze convert) and I've been
> having problems getting my video card set up properly.  I used
> Xconfigurator and xf86config to attempt to set up my card (which is an SiS
> 6326, according to Win98) and monitor (Acer AcerView 76c), both of which
> are listed.  When I try to set it up, I either get a weird black-and-white
> screen or the colors are completely messed up.  I've tried various other
> configurations (even a basic VGA setup) and nothing works.

"Known" bug in SiS chipsets. You need to add "option
noaccel" to your XF86Config file (not sure of the EXACT
syntax) and that should fix it. I suggest checking the
newbie and expert list archives. There is a link off the
Mandrake web site (www.linux-mandrake.com) which will give
you the URL for the archives.
        John