This page: http://www.pcworld.com/heres_how/article/0,1400,13702+1+2,00.html
has a list of the stuff you should have to compile the kernel. However, mine's
compiled without all of those things listed. I was missing kernel-pcmia, egcs,
and dev86 rpm's, and it still compiled for me. General rule is to just install
every RPM that the article lists, that you can find on your Mandrake disk (
Mandrake/RPMS ) Also, that article is really good on describing what to do and
what to expect. I found it really helpful to me.

--
Anthony Huereca
http://m3000.1wh.com