Not a virus, when a linux program crashes for some reason it leaves the
core file, which in simple terms is a dump of all memory surrounding the
program. This is usefull in debugging.

When I am developing linux software I have those all over my system. Don't
worry about it and just delete it.

I hope that helps!

Christopher Molnar
New Enland Business Services, LLC      Aetna, Inc.
Hartford, CT USA                       Middletown, CT USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]