It seems that during the install of LM 7.0 or the the first time I booted, the
system recognized I had a CD-RW.  So it must have set up the CD-RW on
"/dev/scd0".  Try "cdrecord -scanbus".  That should show that the systems sees
your CD burner.  If that works, edit "/etc/fstab" and look for the line for
your CD drive.  Change it so that the part where it says "dev=/dev/cdrom" reads
"dev=/dev/scd0".  Try and read a disk, you may have to umount the device by
hand first.  I don't know why this works. I got errors when I tried to mount
"/dev/hdc" which I think should have worked since that is where the kernel
identifies it as being at start up.  You may also have to setup SCSI emulation
by hand, neither the install nor the start up procedure told me it did.  If it
means anything I was installing over not upgrading a working LM 6.1
installation.

Richard