"Troy Weir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The actual card is the SB AudioPCI 64D.  The only sound I have tried is
when
> I did do sndconfig and it tried to test the sound and then I tried some of
> the system sounds.
=============================
Did the card pass the sound test?  I guess not :o(
You can try going to the linux documentation site to see if the card is
supported in linux.  Others on this list, or other lists may have a work
around.  The caldera site has an excellent mail archive with links to some
excellent sound Step x Steps.  Or you could try to download OSS.  They give
you a free trial and then it's (I think) US$20-30 to register and keep.  Many
folks with sound problems swear by OSS.  Check for the site on Google linux
search engine.
===========================

> As Far as the modem, what would you suggest?
I like USR 56K faxmodem v.90.  Courier v.everything is also excellent, but a
bit pricier
HTH,
Mike

Michael Scottaline