I have installed Mandrake 7.0, and I love it. The new XFree86 handles my
video card (Savage3D) much better than before, and my on-board sound chip
(Maestro) now functions, too.
  But: frequently my mouse pointer will freeze up, sometimes first jumping to
the upper-right and freezing there, and there's nothing I can do (I guess) but
do a ctrl-alt-backspace, and then the pointer is "free" again.
  Of course, this disconnects my modem, too, and is a pain otherwise. Does
anyone else have this problem? And, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!