"Ty C.Mixon" wrote:

> Just my $0.02:
>
> Make an image file called default.jpg (or whatever).
> Now set your background to that.
> Now make a script that dwnlds the latest radar image, then mv's it to
> default.jpg (overwriting of course).
> Now make sure you can autorefresh your desktop.
> :)

Well heck - that's simple!  I like simple <g>.  As soon as I find out
how to autorefresh my desktop, I'm done!

There's a great app for winders called Weather1 that will do this - in
fact there's oodles of 'em for winders - heck there must be as many apps
as blue screens of death!  Who needs a $hareware app and BSODs when one
can do it with stuff that comes with the distro?

By the way - using MDK 7.0-2 here now, on a dual-celeron box and a P2
box, and unlike 6.1, neither one can tell I have 128 megs without a lilo
mem= command.  Wish I knew what changed from 6.1 to 7.0.x.

dave w in wv usa