Hi Paul!

I have a similar setup on one of my machines and did the following test last
night:
Yanked out 2 simms so I had only 32mb.
Extremely bad performance, heaps of disk thrashing, opening Netscape took
yonks
and it ran like a dog :-(
Put back the simms so I had 64mb.
Much MUCH better performance.
Still a little slow but considering I have one of those crappy cyrix P166+
chips which
really run at 133mhz I guess it was to be expected.

The conclusion, as our learned friends are saying, KDE needs heaps of memory
and if you want real performance, a decent processor as well.

Cheers:

Michael Perry.
R&D. Dep. Netafim Magal.
<<<<Linux -- the Ultimate Windows Service Pack>>>>