I am typing from my win 98 machine so I will likely abreviate where I think
I can..
;)

Calibrating delay loop ... 299.83 bogoMIPS
... (I think its fast enough.. ;)
Linux NET 4.0 for Linux 2.2
Net4: Unix domain sockets 1.0 for Linux Net4.0.
Net4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP
Initializing RT Netlink socket
Starting kswapd v 1.5
tulip.c:v0.90f 12/17/98 Originally written by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Driver Modified for Linksys LNE100TX FAST Ethernet PCI Adapter on 1/13/99
eth0: PNIC II at 0xb800, 00 a0 cc e3 47 dd, IRQ 11.
eth0: EEPROM default media type 10baseT.

I believe that is all the pertanent information it had when I typed dmesg at
the kde terminal window.

The log file doesnt have anything in it that seems interesting except the
following.
modprobe: can't locate module devpts
network: bringing up interface lo succeeded
portmap: portmap startup succeeded
modprobe: can't locate module devpts
mount: mount: fs type devpts not supported by kernel
Mounting other filesystems failed

named: zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" (file named.local): no default TTL set
using SOA minimun instead
named: master zone "0.0127.in-addr.arpa" (IN) loaded (serial ##########)
named: listening on [127.0.0.1].53 (lo)
named: Forwarding source address is [0.0.0.0].1024
named: named startup succeeded
named: ready  to answer quieries.
named: sysquery: sendto ([128.9.0.107].53): Network is unreachable
amd: no networks.
amd: My ip addr is 0x7f000001
amd: released controlling tty using setsid()
amd: creating autofs service listener
amd: file server localhost type local starts up
amd: NIS domain name is not set. NIS ignored.
amd: /etc/amd.conf mounted fstype toplvl on /net
amd: amd startup succeeded
smb: smbd startup succeeded
smb: nmbd startup succeeded
..