Yeah, I came to that same conclusion too.  I downloaded the new libs and their
dependancies, but now kpackage refuses to uninstall my older version of cpp, so
I can install cpp-2.95.1-3.  It's driving me crazy!  I tried the uninstall
command, just to find out i don't have it.  i've tried uninstalling it from
Kpackage and it gives me the error " 'cpp' specifies multiple packages" and then
just stops.  Can anyone out there help me?  i've also tried the "RPM -e --clean
cpp-1.1.1-3, and it gives me the same error as Kpackage does.  If someone out
there could help me, I'd GREATLY appreciate it!  Just some info.  I'm running
Mandrake 6.0.

Thanks!

Eric