This is assuming you have an ide burner.  It seems that during the install of LM
7.0 or the the first time I booted, the system recognized I had a CD-R.  So it
must have set up the CD-R on "/dev/scd0".  Try "cdrecord -scanbus" as root.
That should show that the systems sees your CD burner.  If that works, edit
"/etc/fstab" and look for the line for your CD drive.  Change it so that the
part where it says "dev=/dev/cdrom" reads "dev=/dev/scd0".  Try and read a
disk, you may have to umount the device by hand first.  I don't know why this
works. I got errors when I tried to mount "/dev/hdc" which I think should have
worked since that is where the kernel identifies it as being at start up.  If
cdrecord doesn't find any drives, you will have to setup SCSI emulation by
hand, although neither the install nor the start up procedure told me it did.

Hope this helps.  If this works, please let me know.

Richard