Dear friends:

Using Mandrake 6.1 and KDE.

I have a plain Micro Serial & PS/2 mouse. It's relatively new. Bought it
a few months ago.

Here is what happens:

The mouse freezes or just plain disappears. I do a Cnt+Alt+Esc if the
mouse freezes (e.g. in Netscape). If it disappears, I do a
Cnt+Alt+Backspace. This brings me back to the console. I type startx and
get back in KDE. The mouse is back in operation. But shortly thereafter
(about 10-20 minutes lates), this same scenario is repeated ad nauseam.
I tried another new version of the Micro mouse. Same problem. I don't
think it has anything to do with the mouse. I went into KDE's Control
Center (Input Devices, Mouse) and played with the acceleration option.
Hasn't helped one way or another.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thank you so much.

Benjamin