Seve,

Which kernel source version does OSS want you to install?

I would:
1) run "make xconfig" and choose the option to save the configuration to
disk
2) break the symlink "/usr/src/linux"
3) download the kernel source that you need and uncompress it to a directory
named /usr/src/linux-<version>
4) create a symlink from /usr/src/linux/ to /usr/src/linux-<version>
5) try installing OSS with this new kernel source

BTW - If you need to recompile the kernel, you can load the backup
configuration from step #1

HTH,
Matt