Hi,

Whenever I log on I can play CDs but not system sounds on my SB Live!. I have the kaudioserver and kwmsound in the $KDEDIR/bin/startkde file but these do not seem to be started. Also, the settings are always muted (default behaviour).

After some investigation found that snd-pcm-oss and snd-mixer-oss (allows backward compatibility) modules are not loaded. When I modprobe these and exec kaudioserver and kwmsound I get systems sounds.

My question is, if I want to load these modules at bootup, which file do I put them in ? I want to be able to use sound in all shells.

Also, can I put the 'amixer set XXX unmute' settings along side these ?

What is the normal convension ?

Thanks in advance,

Michael