Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2000 12:04 PM
Subject: [newbie] Internet dial-up and Video Resolution

Can anyone help me,

1) I recently purchase an old ISA modem to use with Linux, I can't seem to resolve the problem.  I can log into my internet service provider no problem, but when I try to use Netscape it says incorrect name server and some other error messages. I click on different www addresses and no go?  I'm currently with a dial-up internet service provider.  I believe my IP address is assigned during login.

2) I'm able to modify my resolution,  but the display always looks grainy?  Is this a compatibility problem with my video card and Linux?  And is there a way of preserving the resolution, as I always have to press ctrl, shift + or - to get the res rate I like

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Greg