With the graphical login I seem to remember an option for bash on one of my
installs, I don't see it now. Is there a way to add it?

Where is the network setup, done when I installed a new network card via the
auto find new hardware, stored? I don't know what it did cause I had to go setup
everything in Linuxconfig to get it to work, didn't see anything new there.

I really liked the KPPP activity graph, is there something similar for
network/cable activity?

I've been playing with Power Management functions in bios but haven't found a
way to get K to sleep, especially bothersome is the hardrive activity every
15min +-.

Dave