same problem , same AMD450 since it appears to be OK on rebooting I have not yet attempted to find out why!!!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 10:25 PM
Subject: [newbie] Shutdown errors.

I have installed Mandrake 7.0 about 30 times now. I get it installed without any big problem, I can configure everything (except my 8830 chip set sound card) but first thing is first. When I shutdown KDE every thing goes fine for a while then I get an oops and what looks like a Windows NT Blue Screen except it is black and give several hex address and give a stack error and a problem with the paging. I do a ctrl-alt-del and it finishes and will reboot. I thought it might be the size of the page file so I kicked it up, anyone got a clue. When I restart Linux it works fine.

I am running and AMD 450 128mb ram. two hard drives one 20gb for 98 and windoze 2000 and one 4gb for Linux. LILO seems to work fine.