dude, just use emacs and gcc. that's the old skool way. I think there are
some ide's out there (a la microsoft vc++ or borland) but most people I've
met usually go the vanilla text editor route. some good tools to read the
man pages for:

emacs (has a c editing mode (as well as perl mode, html, python etc ad
nauseum))
ld
gcc & gdb
make

...there are a bunch of others too but reading man pages is the way to go, I
think. yeah.

-fish