Sorry you're having problems. can you give me some more information?

1- does your proxy involve the user logging into the NT Network?
2- try pinging your gateway then see if you can ping your name server
(using ping w-2000 [insert IP] windows is slower in ping)
3- if you don't know about #1 try 2 anyway then try: trace or tail (not
very familiar with the commands seek reference material) it will
show   your where your signal is getting shot down if it is.

I hope this helps.
Good luck to you

> > Hello,
> >
> > I need some help. I just installed Mandrake Linux on a machine at work and
> > am trying to get it to access the internet through a proxy server we have.
> > We are running DHCP using a NT 4.0 Server and are on a netware 4.11
> > network. I do not need to connect to netware just access the internet.
> > Linux seems to see my network card ok but when I got to access the net
> > Netscape says it cant see the proxy server. If anyone out there could
> > point me in the correct direction I would appreciate it.
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >
> > Aaron

JTyler
fax:(508)519-8911