I'm assuming your windows partition is 8G?
the only way to boot to a partition past the first 2G is to use a boot
floppy so make one when you get the chance.
if you're having problems with creating the partition itself:
1-are you creating ONLY a linux native partition or also a swap partition
and whatever else you need?

suggestions:
first off use the utilities on the cd to backup you master boot record
prior to setting up linux.
do not resize your partition if  you haven't run scan disk and defrag to
push everything to the front of the drive.
the fdisk command may be the only way you have to certainly place the
partition so that it won't

I however do not know how to get the fdisk command started in the new
install environment.

At 07:40 AM 2/18/00, you wrote:

>Hello
>
>I'd like to install LINUX in my intel-machine. My hard-disk is 9 Gb an I
>have a
>1 G partition. When I try to do the  a LINUX-NATIVE partition is imposible an
>give me an error "partition too big". l have W95 in my computer too and I dont
>wan't to erase the information.
>
>What can I do ?
>
>Thanks !!!
>Kind regards .