Hello
You will need to give up some of your disk space which is
now reserved for windows to the Linux operating system.
I suggest that you use Partition Magic 4.01 or 5.0 (newer
and more expensive than 4.01) to do this job.
You will need to defragment your files on the windows
partition (the area of the disk reserved for the windows
operating system) before you use Partition Magic.
If you have a choice of Linux, I would suggest Mandrake
6.1 or perhaps the latest version of Mandrake, 7.0-2.
If you are worried about using a powerful program like
Partition Magic to re-partition your disk then do not do
it.  Either ask a friend who knows how to
do this job properly or forget about installing Linux, any
version of Linux, on the same hard disk as windows.
I am writing this from past unpleasant experience, so
please be warned.
Ron

Ilmainen Internet @ http://www.nic.fi/