There are a number of fixes between 7.0 and 7.02 that are listed at:

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fupdates.php3

        Some people reported problems using/installing 7.0 but those problems
disappeared in 7.02. I've had problems trying to get 7.0 to recognize my
NIC and soundcard, and I ordered 7.02 so I HOPE it will clear those up.

        <:3)~~