Am working with a customer who has purchased NetMax.  Interesting product,
but the boxed product is based upon RH 5.2 with the 2.0 Kernel.  They have
an updated available to the 2.2 kernel, but you have to have them send out
the CD.  (Perhaps you can order direct from them).  Looking at the install,
there are a number of packages that appear to be modified by Netmax, this
may increase security, but that will remain to be seen.  (My questions is if
a package has been modified by Netmax, then RH puts out a security fix, do I
have to wait for NetMax to put it out?  Don't know.)  Other than that, Net
max just puts a browser interface on a 5.2 system so that you can administer
it remotely.  Allows a graphical setup of ipfwadm rules.  Kind of slick for
the newbie, but I think you could do the same with standard RH and not have
to pay the $100 or so.  I would rather rely on RH and the open source
community for updates than another vendor.

One problem we have run into is using multiple interfaces.  We have
installed three nic cards- 1 to the ISDN adapter, 1 to the public Web site
and one to the private LAN.  Thought was we could use different firewalling
rules to keep the private LAN secure while allowing more traffic to the
public website.  It has not been easy going.  We especially are having
trouble getting mail traffic to the mail server on the private LAN.  Are
investigating port redirecting, but that is not a part of NetMax.  There is
an RPM, but again, if I install a non-NetMax rpm to redirect mail traffic to
my mail server, what will that do to the NetMax firewall?  Don't know.  Once
we get the 2.2 update, I'll try to get back with more info.